Jagua Fortress

Tourist Attractions

Cienfuegos Bay, or Jagua Bay, as it was then known, was covered by pirates and bucaneers, whose constant incursions obliged the colonial authorities to protect access to the bay starting in 1745, with the Nuestra Señora de la Angeles de Jagua Fortress.

Its corridors, magazines and parapets never entered into combat, but they fostered legends such as that of The Blue Lady.